Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Nothing But A Forgiven Worm!

I am amazed with how fast I can lose perspective on the things that really matter. I am sitting in my office as I type this and I have been in a funk all day. Oh, the reasons for being an ungrateful weenie seem like they are valid at the time. Maybe one day it will be that I don’t have as much money as I think I deserve for my labor. Maybe it will be someone who treats me unfairly, or my strange housing situation, or the myriad of lies that the enemy has clandestinely whispered to my soul that I seem to entertain without rebuke. Whatever the reason, my attitude lately has been stinking up the kingdom of God. I tell you this because I am ashamed for not being the person that my King wants me to be.

Do I really have it that bad? Heck NO! And I can sit here all day long and tell you how I really want to be more like Jesus. But do I really? Or is it just the same old religious claptrap that rolls off of the tongues of most of the men in our kingdom today?

Yet somehow Jesus seems to know just how to be a great shepherd and guide to me in times just like these. There is a still small voice that reminds me of the price he paid for me. ME!






“He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer.” 2Corinthians 1:4-6 (New Living Translation)







Lord Jesus forgive me for being weak!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    This post reminds me of a book I read called "Wild At Heart"

    It's about the story of man being weak because we weren't brought into manhood correctly, so even the smallest thing causes us to whimper and whine.

    I think it mostly stems from a fear of facing our wounds, the ones caused by the enemy that have wreaked so much havok on our lives.

    We're so used to hiding behind the facade we've created, that whining and being a spineless worm is ok, because when we're in front of others we can just cover it right back up again.


    Thanks for a wake-up post Steve... you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeremy!

    Folks go to Jeremy's blog at genout.com and see what he has going on.

    And by the way, I replaced the "Dear God" video with a new one. Listen away!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete